Kenting Ecotourism Communities Seek For Works of Village-Stationed Artists- 2016
Ecotourism has been developed in Kenting areas for the past many years. Tourists are fond with its various ecological environments and foreign visitors are also attracted by its local humane culture. Lots of artists have been nourished by
Taiwan and they
apply their talents to create great works permeated with beautiful land. Taiwan seeks for works of artists
and hoping these artistic synergy makers to create diversified works which
integrate natural, ecological and humane factors of Kenting to demonstrate its
beauty to the public. Village-stationed artists stay in the communities during
their working periods to communicate with local residents to activate communities
and draw concerns of local environments then further influence more people to
care about environmental protection. Kenting National Park
(a)Main Organizer: Kenting National Park
(c)Co-Organizer: Community Forestry Research Lab; Department of Forestry, NPUST. Shuiwaku community, Longshui community, Daguang community, Lide community, Gangkou community, Manzhou association, Yongjing community, uukt.com.tw
C. Village-stationed spots
Two communities among Shuiwaku community, Longshui community, Daguang community, Lide community, Gangkou community, Manzhou association, Yongjing community. Communities will be chosen as the spots and these two communities will have their own unique community artistic works which are chosen from all works of artists. Related information please take reference from Attachment 4.
D. Village-Stationed Period
Sep, 1-30, 2016(one month)
E. Application Period
Now to June, 30, 2016
F. Qualifications of Village-Stationed Artists
1. No limitation for age, gender and nationalities. All artistry-related workers can apply. Artists, curators, researchers, and culture workers of visual art, decoration art, architecture, sculpture and fine art, etc. are welcomed to apply.
2. Village-Stationed Artists have to agree with the concept of environmental protection of possessing the experience of public art creation which is coopering with local residents and guide general public to join with the art creation process.
G. Duties of artists
1. Finish works in the village-Stationed period.
2. Chosen artists have to join the press conference, works presentation and at least two times of related forums of classes with local residents.
3. Report of village-stationed accomplishments (including creation process, visual and written record).
H. Application Materials
1. Application of the plan (attachment 1).
2. Village-stationed plan (attachment 2).
3. Village-stationed agreement, duplicate (attachment3).
4. Incomplete application materials are not accepted and please keep your own copy of the application for we don’t return your application.
I. Application approach
We sincerely welcome artists from all countries to take part in this event. Deadline for proposal submission is June 30, 2016. The proposals can be written in either English or Chinese. Please make sure that you have the following documents ready, and submit via email at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will only be accepting DOC or PDF files for document files and JPG and JPEG files for your image files. The size of each image file should be between 500KB-1M.
(Please note “Application for Kenting Ecotourism Communities. Works of Village-Stationed Artists- 2016”)
Deliver to：Lishan Eco Co. Ltd.
To download application forms, please check the website http://kt-artist.blogspot.tw/
J. Audition and result
1. Audition approach: The execution organizer invites review committee to select the applications and the review meeting will not open to the public to respect the privacy of applicants。
2. Audition result: The village-stationed artists list will be posted before the end of July, 2016 on the websites of Kenting National Park and the activity official site. Each chosen artist will be informed by E-mail also.
3. Chosen artists should sign the agreement with the execution organizer in a week after been informed. Overdue or unsigned applicants are viewed as to abandon their rights and will be replaced by the applicants on the waiting list.
K. Notification for the artists
1. Allowance for chosen artists: 60,000 NTD (about US$2,000) for each chosen artist, the allowance includes fees of art work material and decoration, public activities, being a instructor, life expense, traffic and income tax and health insurance.
2. Allowance for round trip economy airfare from the artist’s home to Taiwan (Taoyuan or Kaohsiung International Airport). Artists must pay their own train fare to Hengchun Station where the artists will be picked up and brought by car to the village. Detailed travel instructions will be sent to selected artists, and artists must keep all receipts for reimbursement when they arrive in Hengchun. The reimbursement does not include the costs associated with passport and visa expenses.
3. In the period of village-stationed, the community will provide accommodation (could be B&B or residents’ houses) to the artists, each artist has his/her own room. Artists have to manage their meals and traffic, and there is additional fee for foods.
4. Finished works should be maintained over one year or could be biologically-decomposed or recycled. Chosen artists could use recycled or local materials as drift wood, branches, seaside waste, ball float, all kinds of recycled stuff and old clothes).
5. Other materials include hemp ropes, nets, nature fabrics, wood and other recycled materials. If artists want to purchase new materials or tool, please discuss with the execution organizer and stationed community and the cost will be paid by artists.
6. Artists have to join all public activities held by the main and execution organizers as opening tea party and press conference, etc.
Main and execution
organizers have rights for works exhibitions and publications. Artists have to
promise that the originality of works and application plans without copyright
infringement or artists have to take full responsibilities and reimburse to
main and execution organizers fully.
8. Artists who don’t stay in the community for two-third of total village-stationed days as the contract will be viewed as rights-abandoned and qualifications-cancelled.
9. Artists have to execute their village-stationed plans including feedback plans, creation plans and presentation of works in the village-stationed period and related responsibilities.
10. Artists can use community’s creation space and public facilities and clean and restore the used space and environments before the end of village-stationed period.
11. Unrelated creation is not allowed in the village-stationed period. Violence for environment serenity and safety is also not allowed and organizers will terminate the contract with the violators.
12. The village-stationed qualifications are not allowed to transfer.
13. Village-stationed artists should maintain a trusting, helping and harmonious relationship with organizers to cooperate for artistic creations.
14. Artists who don’t comply with agreements and follow management rules, their qualification and related rights will be canceled.
15. Village-stationed artists should clean and maintain surrounding environments in a tidy condition
16. Organizers have the rights to pronounce amendments for related rules.